Family Lawyers in Sydney you won’t find anywhere else
Kate Austin Family Lawyers are located in the CBD of Sydney. We provide our services throughout Sydney, including the outer suburbs. As we provide a remote legal service, our physical location has no bearing on your ability to access our service.
Kate Austin Family Lawyers service clients in Newcastle Wollongong and the Central Coast as well as regional areas such as Wagga Wagga, Bathurst Albury and Armadale. Because our service is fully remote it allows people in regional areas to have access to highly qualified and specialised solicitors that would otherwise be unavailable. We are able to work with clients via email, phone, or Zoom calls since all of our legal services are remote.
Sydney Family Lawyers for Consent Orders
Consent Orders are Kate Austin’s primary service. This is where two parties have an agreement, and they wish to formalise that agreement with the family court and make it legally binding. We work with clients who are not located geographically close to each. Because we do not represent either clients we are happy to work with both of you to get your agreement through the family court.
Family Lawyer Sydney Accredited specialists in Consent Orders.
Kate Austin Family Lawyers are accredited specialist in family law. We have this accreditation in both New South Wales and Queensland with their respective law societies. You can be assured that we have the experience necessary to handle any aspect of your agreement. With over 20 years of working exclusively in Family Law we are confident that no matter what you require in your consent orders we will be able to draft orders appropriately. We have completed literally thousands of Family Law agreements and have personal contacts in Superannuation funds, actuarial services, Company lawyers for complicated structure guidance.
Kate Austin Family Lawyers work closely with a very specific type of clients. We only work with clients who have agreements.
Clients who have agreements and require Consent orders come to us because
- We offer A fixed fee service and deliver within agreed time frames (usually 24 hours).
- We have a demonstrated expertise in this service.
- We are very accessible – you will be given a staff members mobile phone number.
While several firms have attempted to reproduce our business model which we welcome, and we quite frankly find it quite flattering. We have even had one firm copy and paste our intake forms and quoting structure. We remain committed and focussed of our core business – Fixed fee Consent Orders.
The vast majority of our work comes from referrals from existing clients’ previous clients and their families.
If you do not have an agreement, we are not a good option for you. If you require Consent Orders, we are more than happy to have a discussion to see if our suit is our services align with your needs.
What is a Kate Austin Client?
Kate Austin Family Lawyers would be the best suited law firm for you if you are in the following situation.
- You would like to legally finalise your financial relationship with your previous partner.
- You are still amicable with your previous partner.
- You are seeking a fixed fee arrangement.
- You are seeking a fair agreement that both of you are happy with.
Matter that are not suitable.
- You do not have an agreement with your former partner.
- You do not have an amicable relationship with your former partner.
- There is a history of significant domestic violence.
- You are not willing to be open and transparent to the current financial situation.
Our Consultation about Consent Orders is free.
We are happy to have a general discussion in relation to your consent orders. Our discussion will cover the following topics.
- If we are suitable for you.
- Generally, see if you have an agreement that would be considered just equitable.
- To see if we both believe that we are suitable to working with each other.
- To discuss how consent orders would work in your situation, Asset by asset.
- General discussions about timing disclosure and process.
- Timeframes for consent orders
- Process to start consent orders with our office.
Please note that unless you have an amicable agreement a free consultation is not something that will advance your matter. If we are not suitable, we will let you know a probably direct you to a more suitable service.
How much do Consent Orders Cost?
The cost of family lawyers very significantly. Most firms still charge on a time basis, this means that the longer they spend on your matter discussing with you, discussing with the other sides solicitor, drafting your agreements the more they will charge you. You need to be confident that any services you are engaging will be drafted and negotiated in an efficient manner. There is a saying in the legal field time costing rewards inefficiency.
Kate Austin Family Lawyers only offers fees on a fixed basis. This means regardless of how long it takes us to complete your matter our fees will remain the same. To ensure that clients stay focused on resolving the matter on the time efficient manner we do have rules around the number of changes we allow clients to make and the timeframes which matters need to be completed by. It is important when you start your matter that both parties clearly understand the agreement and are willing to disclose their financial information quickly.
- Our fees are fixed always
- We do not negotiate between parties or other parties lawyers.
- Our fees are inclusive of changes, GST
- We would like your matter listed in the Family Court within 4 weeks.