How to apply for Consent Orders?

How to apply for Consent Orders?

How to apply for Consent Orders?


Clients quite often ask How to apply for Consent orders? The court requires you to file two documents in Order to have Consent Orders made. Firstly, you have to file a document entitled “Application for Consent Orders”.  For a property settlement, this document sets out all of your assets and all of your liabilities as well as a table which explains in mathematical terms what the Consent Orders say in words in terms of the outcome.  There are also questions about what each party contributed to the relationship, and whether there are any ‘future needs’ issues that the court needs to have regard to. .  If you are seeking parenting Consent Orders your Application also answers questions with respect to the children, most notably in relation to their current living arrangements, and their health and education and financial support.


Secondly, you also have to file a Minute of Order which sets out in detail all of the Consent Orders that you are asking the court to make.  For a property settlement, you must detail who will retain what in terms of assets, who will pay for what in terms of liabilities, and whether there will be any transfers of assets or liabilities as between the parties.  For a parenting case, you might to set out how much time the children will spend with each party including time on special occasions such as birthdays and Christmas.  You can also ask for Consent Orders about other things such as travel arrangements, changeover arrangements, supervision and the children’s involvement in extracurricular activities.


If both documents are filed and the documents are properly drafted then a Family Court Registrar in Chambers will review the matter and, if appropriate, make the Orders sought in accordance with the documents you have submitted. Under no circumstances will the Court ever vary what you are seeking and if there are problems with what you have submitted the documents will be returned to you with a requisition notice which you must complete before resubmitting the documents to the Court for further review.


Who Can You Talk To About Consent Orders?

If you need someone to talk to about a Consent Order specifically or have general questions about consent orders, Kate Austin Family Law can help. We are dedicated to Consent Orders  in NSW and Queensland. When it comes to consent orders Family Court can be a complicated place, and it pays to have somebody like Kate Austin Family Law on your side.

When it comes to consent orders family law professionals at Kate Austin have got you covered. They offer fixed price the consent orders to ensure you aren’t caught out by high, unexpected fees. Get on online instant Quote here. There’s no reason to put off getting the process started for your consent order with the Kate Austin team. They can help you get consent orders Family Court are likely to approve. Yes, there are the experts in consent orders family law seekers have been looking for.

So, get in touch with Kate Austin Family Law today and you can feel confident that you are getting the information on consent orders you’ve been looking for.

If you are not sure How to apply for Consent Orders please call us or contact the Family Court of Australia for further Information.